Wednesday, May 9, 2012

busy doing nothin

So I haven't posted in a while.
I'm sorry :(

The last 2 Treasure Hunting Fridays were kinda a total bust for me. The first one it rained, so no pictures, and on both there weren't any great treasures at all. And we didn't get to go fossil hunting either time :(

I'm hoping in a week or two I'll be able to get back out there and find some more neat rocks!

So I've basically been stuck at home this week. Which is fine, but not exactly exciting stuff.
Here's what I've been working on this week:
hand stitched cards and boxes!

 These are the little kraft boxes I send my jewelry orders out in. I took some embroidery thread and stitched the words "soar" and "fly" into them.
This project has taught me some things. 1, My handwriting is kind of ugly. and 2, on some words, my handwriting is really ugly. So right now I'm looking for words that I can write in a pretty sort of way. And then I kind of go from there :)
I'm thinking about adding some stars, hearts, maybe flowers?

I don't have a picture of the cards. I'll try to get one up in the morning.
I even did a card for Aaron from a drawing he made of 2 stick figure people flying a kite. Cute <3

And I've come up with a really cool idea for his 1 year anniversary gift (which is quickly approaching!). It involves embroidering/handstitching, Game of Thrones, and paper, of course.

I'll pop back tomorrow with some pictures of my cute little cards and more boxes.
And I'm promising now, I WILL put up a new quote tomorrow.
It's been too long, I'm in trouble with myself now.

xoxo
Rachel

1 comment: