Wednesday, April 18, 2012

inspired by birds

I made a treasury today that I absolutely lurrrrrrve.

All inspired by my little 2 year old Ellie, who got so excited looking out the window onto our roof today. She was going, "A beard! A beard!" (which means bird in E-speak, obviously.)
My sister was upstairs while this was going on and she said, "Oh honey, you'll never be able to catch it. It'd just fly away."

That made me think.
That must be the really nice thing about being a bird; that you can just fly away.

Anyway, here's the treasury I made (you can also see it down below on your right, with another gorgeous collection) and I'm gonna follow that up with some of my favorite quotes about birds.
























the {nice} thing about birds is they can {fly} away

a bird doesn't sing because it has an answer. it sings  because it has a song. -- maya angelou

a forest  bird never wants a cage. -- henrik ibsen

be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings. -- victor hugo

i know why the caged bird sings. -- maya angelou

the reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings. -- j. m. barrie

faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark. -- rabindranath tagore





hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul,
and sings the tune--without the words,
and never stops at all
-- emily dickinson


If you can find a quote about birds, flight, and freedom, I'd lurrrve to hear it!
xoxo
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Here's my favorite quote about birds:

    “I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”
    ― Harun Yahya

    ReplyDelete