Saturday, April 21, 2012

coming soon : vintage fabric wrapped frames!

I'm so excited.
I have been planning to make this {fabulous frame} that I saw online from Fresh and Fun, and I have finally gathered all the components.



First, I found this big wooden frame at the thrift store. It wasn't even marked, so they gave it to me for a quarter. Yes. It was awesome.

 Then I got these lovely little vintage sheet scraps from {JaneSaysVintage} on Etsy. They got here yesterday and they are adorable. I got enough for 2 projects for about $4.00 plus shipping! Just look for "fat quarters." I didn't know what they were, but apparently they are adorable little folded squares of cloth.

My frame is quite a bit wider than the one in the original post, but I think it will still work the same basic way. I can't wait to try this!
As soon as I get more than about one nanosecond to myself without Ellie asking me to do something, I'm going to try this out.
And of course I'll probably make an ass of myself in the process. And share it with you through pics :)

I also got some awesome treasures yesterday on my weekly "outing" (ohmygod, I sound like an old woman! lol!) and I'll be blabbing some new favorites this week too.

Happy weekend, lurrrrverlies!
xo
R.

3 comments:

  1. That frame in the first picture is so neat - it's amazing what sorts of things that you can find in thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cool idea! It gives such a pop of color, and I love the texture of the fabric as opposed to just painting it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This frames are so cool!what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete